Monday, April 23, 2012

Google Street View images Depicting the History of my Art Career interest


Kingston on Thames, UK 1992-96 

I lived at #1 Albany Court, Richmond Road, K-o-T in my late 20's. This was the block of flats were I first lived on my own, without room-mates - working as a computer programmer. Initially I worked for British Airways at Heathrow and then as an independent computer consultant. Though all the while I loved art, painting and drawing in particular.













Across the street from my flat, the elementary school held evening drawing classes. Not having drawn since high school I enrolled and loved it and still have some of the drawings from then. In late 1996 I left the UK and moved to California - settling into Noe Valley in San Francisco.


Noe Valley, San Francisco, USA

Around the corner from my house was Michael Markowitz's drawing studio on 23rd St @ Chatanooga. from 1998 onwards I would draw nudes every week for 3 hours for 3 years. I developed my skills and joined the San Francisco Artists' Guild in 2001 and became a full time artist.













Bay View, San Francisco, USA

In Sept 2001 I rented my first studio at Hunters Point Shipyard. In this picture it is the small building, center, in the background next to the blue porta-potties. It is the largest colony of artists studios in the country known as the Shipyard Artists. Twice a year we open our studio doors for San Francisco's Open Studio - for directions to the studio visit my website www.dolmas.com. Our next event is this coming weekend Apr 27-29th.













Maiden Lane, San Francisco, USA

On this spot, at an outdoor exhibit, I sold my first artwork to a couple on the east coast. To this day I still exhibit with the Artists' Guild of San Francisco most weekends selling dozens of paintings every year. If you are so inclined please "Like" and follow me on facebook: DimitriFineArt. 











2 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork. Love your landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eve! Just visited your blog and site and you have fabulous work! I'll drop by 1AM cafe and see your work with the Rusted Souls show in person this afternoon while I am downtown.

    ReplyDelete